Re: Is Evolution available for net-installation

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:07:48 +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:

> $ cat /etc/debian_version
> testing/unstable
>
> I made a mistake.  I am running 'Debian testing'
>
> $ apt-cache show thunderbird
> W: Unable to locate package thunderbird
>
> $ apt-cache search thunderbird
> mozilla-thunderbird - Mozilla Thunderbird standalone mail client
> mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail - Enigmail - GPG support for Mozilla Thunderbird
>
> What is the version of Mozilla Thunderbird available on Debian site for
> download?  How to find it?

I am also running testing.  The version in testing is 0.3.  I
personally would strongly suggest that you keep your distribution unmixed
and use 0.3, upgrading when 0.4 makes it to testing.  As Colin Watson
pointed out, mixing distributions can be confusing, and it adds a
level of complication to system admin.  IMHO, it's just not worth mixing
stuff up just for a minor release.

You could have used apt-cache to discover the version:

$ apt-cache show mozilla-thunderbird
Package: mozilla-thunderbird
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 33044