Re: mutt - Getting context lines in the index

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:51:41AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Micha Feigin:
> > How do I get mutt to leave a few context lines when scrolling the
> > message index? When I scroll past the bottom of the page mutt jumps to
> > the next page leaving no context as to the previous messages which can
> > be very confusing if it cuts in the middle of a thread.
>
> I'm not sure I know what you mean, but try this.  Go to a box with at
> least 10 emails in it, then spacebar/open one.
>
>    set pager_index_lines=8

When in this mode the index always shows a few lines above and below the
current message line (in the index display above the pager display).
That's nice as I can see what the previous and next messages are.  But,
I have not found how to set this in just index mode (not the two-window
index/pager mode).  Is this possible?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org