Re: mutt problem

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:46:23AM -0200, Rafael Alexandre Schmitt wrote:
> * Micha Feigin (michf@post.tau.ac.il) wrote:
>
> > Try in the message view window to press h to show the full headers and
> > see if maybe the first line is mistaken as a header line for some
> > reason.
> > Also is there anything in common with the messages that mutt cuts?
> > (mailer, person mailing them, etc.), could be a compatibility problem
> > with a certain setup.
>
> Hi,
>
> Pressing h or e doesn't help. The first line still missing.
> There is no problem with a specific mailer or anything like that.
> For example , if I write a message to myself in kmail , evolution or in
> a webmail like yahoo , when I receive the message on mutt the first line
> is not there.
> In a mailing list like debian-user 20 or 30 % of the messages I receive
> are missing the first line :(

Do you have a set pager=... line in your muttrc ?
If you do try commenting it out, or adding one such as set pager=less.
Also another thing that may be causing the trouble instead of mutt.
How are you receiving mail on your computer? Could be that its your
mailer thats making the problem.
I mean something like a combination of fetchmail/exim etc.