How that dependency turned up?

  I am trying to upgrade apt-show-versions. I have installed 0.04 and
am going to have 0.05. What bothers me is that the dependencies for
apt-show-versions are

    perl | perl-5.005 | perl-5.004, apt.

Yet dselect tells me that apt-show-versions also depends on
libapt-pkg-perl. Shouldn't that be listed in the dependencies from
above? In case that matters, I have perl{,-modules,-base} 5.8.0-18 and
going to install 5.8.2-2.

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I