Re: Gnome-Session ? what's needed for Gnome ?

Incoming from s. keeling:
> Incoming from Uwe Dippel:
> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:49:09 -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
> > wrote:
> >
> > > 	What if you just apt-get install gdm?
> >
> > Because gdm is quite useless:
> >
> > 1. No 'system' by default
>
> What the hell is that?

I just logged out and back in.  Yes, there's a 'system', whatever that
is.

> > 2. No command-line session (something I always like with Solaris and
> > implemented in kdm)
>
> <CTRL><ALT><Fn>
>
> > 3. No shutdown by user without manually tweaking gdm.conf

By "manually tweaking", do you mean running a GUI gdm configuration
utility?  Oh, poor baby.  That's just so difficult!  <Sob!>

> > In short: brain-dead and deserves to die gracefully. So why should I

Suckered in by yet another troll.  Drat.

- -