Re: [HELP] sarge, 2.6.0 and ALSA won't play

Bob Billson wrote:
Hi all!

Help!  I've searched the debian-user archives but didn't find anything
helpful, so I'm turning to the list.  I'm not sure if this is a Debian,
kernel or a pilot error thing.

I'm running Debian sarge (with a few packages from sid) on my box.
Currently, I'm running the 2.4.23 kernel.  I have ALSA (deb package
v0.9.6-5) installed, configured and *working* as a module.

Now that 2.6.0 is out (woohoo!), I decided to give it a try.  I'm having
a problem getting 2.6.0 and ALSA to play literally and figuratively.
I built the kernel from the original tarball.  I have ALSA configured
as a module for my sound chip, a SiS SI7018 (Trident).  The old OSS
modules are not selected.  I will attach my 2.6.0 .config file.

When I re-boot and the ALSA attempts to start, I get the following in
logs (greatly edited):

<SNIP>

What is the output of an lsmod after boot?  What are the contents
of /etc/modules?

-Roberto