Re: web page -> ps problems

I've had the problem with gv not being able to read Xprint's postscript
output (i.e. when printing to file from mozilla).  I've filed a bug against
the gv package, but the maintainer (nor the Xprint author) could not reproduce
the problem.  Help is welcome! And needed! Debian bug #167330
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=167330)

Since gs can render the postscript, I like to believe the bug is in gv, not
Xprint.  But gv is supposed to be little more than a wrapper for gs, so it's
all a bit of a mystery.

It doesn't help with the gv problem, but I've just uploaded a new version of
the Xprint packages (v0.0.9 beta). It may help with other issues.

The only suggestion I can make is to use another of v0.0.9's new features:
printing to a PDF file, rather than postscript. You want to print to
"printer", selecting the pdf_spool "printer". You'll find the pdf output
in /tmp/Xprintjobs.  I don't know the best way to go from there to hylafax,
but conversion to PS via pdf2ps works under gv.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A