Re: web page -> ps problems

Ross Boylan wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:51:07PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Ross Boylan wrote:

I saved a web page as html with Mozilla 1.5, and then printed it to a
postscript file.

Can you print anything to file with Mozilla 1.5 and look at it with gv?

Hugo.

Good question.  I tried another site (apt-get.org) with the same
results, so it seems to be a general problem.  I printed the same site
with Konqueror and it previewed fine (KDE 2.2.2).

It's probably worth noting my setup is a bit unusual as I have put the
unstable mozilla into a mostly testing system.

Unfortunately my solution is to use the Mozilla binaries AND source files to install Mozilla EXCEPT in the case of woody where I ran into unexpected problems. So in your case I would get Mozilla 1.5 from them and see if you have the same problem.

Hugo

I use xprt-xprintorg 0.0.8.cvs20030508-6.  Somewhere

along the way something went wrong; when I faxed it (hylafax) the
recipient only got the upper left corner, very enlarged.

gv reports "Error: PostScript interpreter failed in main window."

gs dumped me into an interpreter

display (from ImageMagick) shows a very large image of the upper right
corner.

[snip]