Re: Outdated package, is it possible to help?

Toshiro wrote:
I like krusader (a very nice file manager, like mc) and I'd like to have the latest version; unfortunately the Debian version is very outdated (almost a year old)

Same here.

I've sent a couple of e-mails to the maintainer of the package telling him that I'm willing to help if he needs help, but I haven't received any answer from him so far. My question is: can I contact anybody else? What is the proper procedure in this kind of situations?
Toshiro.

I looked around on the web and found krusader_1.20-1_i386.deb on the Krusader homepage and krusader_1.25-beta1-1+cvs20030822+orth_i386.deb on apt-get.org.

The first one tells me:
  krusader depends on libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.1.2); however:
  Package libqt3-mt is not installed.
If I try to install this package, apt tells me:
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
   ark k3b kate kate-plugins kcontrol kdelibs-bin kdelibs4 kdesktop kdm
   kfind kmines konqueror kpackage krename ksnapshot ksokoban ksysv
   kuser libarts1 libk3bcore1 libkdegames1 libkonq4 libqt3c102-mt
   mysqlcc
Which is obviously not what I want.

The second one tells me:
  krusader depends on kdelibs4 (>= 4:3.2.0); however:
  Version of kdelibs4 on system is 4:3.1.4-3.
Which doesn't get me anywhere either.

I guess the fact that the version in Debian is rather old may have something to do with these dependencies.

Regards,

Felix

--
Felix Stegerman