Re: OT: Thunderbird 0.4 "feels" better

Uwe Dippel wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:40:58 -0600, Kent West wrote:

Just wanted to say that with today's apt-get upgrade I got the thunderbird 0.4 upgrade, and it just "feels" better. It somehow feels peppier/more responsive. Of course I haven't used it long enough to see what doesn't work still, but so far . . . .

Just moved from Evolution (3 years) to Thunderbird at work.
Agree here. Most important (??) to me: *looks* much peppier than the Outlook-clone !

Throughout these years I quarreled with Evo on IMAP; my first bug-report
was dated back at 0.15 (for those who remember those days). The bug persisted until 1.0.8; with 1.45 I had it rarely, but no more killev
available. Throughout two weeks of Thunderbird, not a single one glitch.
Bravo !

FYI

The only thing I think is really missing from Thunderbird is a menu
command to empty trash and/or compact folders in *all* accounts
simultaneously (Especially since I have 6 accounts setup in Tbird).
Other than that, I totally love it.  I've been a faithful user since
v 0.1.

-Roberto