Re: OT How to get debmenus with fvwm - solved

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 07:08:17PM +0100, A.L.Meyers wrote:
> Thanks, Micha!  Simple and effective solution.
>
> Being chonically lazy, my next question (OT) is if you can recommend a
> good menu-driven configuration tool for fvwm.

Afraid that AFAIK there is none. The big show stopper for a lot of
people with fvwm I'm afraid.
There is dotfile-fvwm which was more difficult to figure out then the
text files in my opinion. I think I once saw something else which was
just as bad.
The development version has a themes packages that lets you play
somewhat with themes.
It also has quite a good support for transparencies.
(not officially in debian but you can get it at (sources.list line):
deb http://labs.8d.com/debian/ experimental main
The man file has a good description on how to write a setup file, but
you have to read around half of it to understand it properly and not
think that its impossible to understand.
The fvwm mailing list is a good resource for questions and there are
also quite a lot of examples running around on the web.
I also send you my configuration off-list if you want as an example