Re: 2.6.0 kernel, dhclient

* David Sanders (debian@sandersweb.net) [031219 23:05]:
> I compiled a 2.6.0 kernel for a woody machine.  The DHCP client quit working
> and I was unable to access the network.  Script /sbin/dhclient checks the
> version of your kernel and starts the appropriate client software.  For a
> 2.6.0 kernel it quits with "Unrecognized kernel version".  What should I do?

The sarge version (2.0pl5-16) of dhcp-client WFM.  (My system's not
woody, though).  Looking at the changelog, it looks like they removed
backward-compatibility (2.0.x kernels) at 2.0p5-12; I'd bet that that's
when it gained forward-compatibility.  So this would probably mean
backporting; the other's posting suggesting pump would probably be an
easier course, if it works.

good times,
Vineet
--