Re: How to get debmenus with fvwm ?

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:08:58AM +0100, A.L.Meyers wrote:
> Hi!  fvwm seems to have improved a lot recently and is at least
> colourfull and fast.  But in the default debian package install (at
> least on my system) I don't see any debmenus.
>
> Advise and / or pointers to specific parts of docs welcome.

What version?
Are you using you personal .fvwm2rc, since the debian menu is built in
the system wide one. You could use the hooks in the system wide fvwm2rc
instead of writing you own if you want all the functionality given
there.

For adding to .fvwm2rc:
Read /etc/X11/fvwm/DebianMenu Quiet
build a /Debian menu that I can then insert into another menu, or just
use in itself, for example:

DestroyMenu Root
AddToMenu Root "Alt F2: Main Menu" Title
+ "Debian"		Popup /Debia

where root is my main menu attached to Alt F2 and left mouseclick on
the desktop.