Re: IP to www

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 01:46:29AM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 19:36]:
> >

> > From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@doorstop.net]
<snip>
> Looks like your ISP blocks port 80.  Boneheads.  I'd switch to a
> different ISP, if it's feasible.  Even though it's perfectly fine to run
> a web server on another port, I disagree with the principle of an ISP
> blocking arbitrary traffic.  In theory, all nodes are created equal.
> There shouldn't be some which are relegated to the "audience".
>
> good times,
> Vineet
Hi Vineet,
I rememeber being in the audience of a DRM meeting in washington with
Jack Valenti and other Media Types. They want us to be an 'audience'. We
are suppose to be 'good, little' consumers. With the advent of the
Internet, we have the potential to be Content creators on par with AOL,
Disney, etc. This freightens them. So they block our ports. (and
oversell bandwidth and expect us not to use it!)
-Kev