Re: IP to www

* Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 16:16]:
> My router has a Firewall and the only port I have opened up is port 80
> Could it be that my cable company is blocking something?
> I can't imagine how thou.

Yes, it's possible that they could definitely be filtering tcp port 80
(or really any other port, or even all ports).  It's not a bad idea to
try it on separate ports.  For example, set up an additional listening
port (e.g. 8000) on the external interface of the router which also
forwards to port 80 of your webserver.  You shouldn't need to remove
your original setting for this to work; they should be able to coexist.
Also, you shouldn't need to change anything on your webserver.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/