RE: IP to www

From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:vineet@doorstop.net]
> * Gruessle (debian@orces.com) [031219 16:16]:
> > My router has a Firewall and the only port I have opened up
> is port 80
> > Could it be that my cable company is blocking something?
> > I can't imagine how thou.
>
> Yes, it's possible that they could definitely be filtering tcp port 80
> (or really any other port, or even all ports).  It's not a bad idea to
> try it on separate ports.  For example, set up an additional listening
> port (e.g. 8000) on the external interface of the router which also
> forwards to port 80 of your webserver.  You shouldn't need to remove
> your original setting for this to work; they should be able
> to coexist.
> Also, you shouldn't need to change anything on your webserver.

I opened port 8000 and
Nope it is still not working.
I guess my cable company is blocking access to that IP somehow.
But on the other hand my Software firewall used to get scanned sometimes
You know when I check the log file I can see that it got scanned
That was before I set-up the Firewall in my router
So if someone can scan the ports on my computer then he must be getting
in somehow.