Re: IP to www

Gruessle wrote:

I know what my given IP address is. Given by my cable company.
IP 68.68.202.34
Also I have opened up port 80 on my Siemens routers firewall.

Private IP: 192.168.254.225
Private Port: 80
Type: TCP
Public Port: 80

But when I enter the 68.68.202.34 ip in a browser it does not work.
What is missing?

Unless I'm wrong (and I've been wrong before -- 1974 I believe it was . . . ), the 68.68.202.34 address is the address of your modem side of your router, not of your LAN side. The modem side won't have a web server. Instead, you need to point your browser to the address of the LAN-side of your router, which is usually semi-firm-coded in, and the initial value should be documented in your router paperwork.

But not being a networking guru, I could be totally off the mark.

--
Kent