Re: photo-quality printer recommendation

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:38, Allan Wind wrote:
> On 2003-12-19T23:29:55+1100, bob parker wrote:
> > I can't speak highly enough of HP. Their Linux drivers are genuine open
> > source, and they state they are committed to supporting Linux for all of
> > their models of printers.
>
> Yeah, I read that too.  And was disappointed when I called their support
> earlier this year and was told they do not support linux (when I needed
> help to trouble an issue with a laser printer of theirs).

Wierd, it's just the opposite to their inkjet dept. When my son bought his
5550 he emailed them about Linux. The reply told him what to get, where to
get it, and what to do with it when he had it.

Maybe you can get help from these links:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=hpijs
http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

HTH
Bob