photo-quality printer recommendation

My mom would like to get my dad a photo-quality printer for Christmas.
Thus she has asked me to look around and give her some ideas as to
what is good.  I haven't followed current printer technology in many
years, so I really don't know what is out there and what is good and
what isn't.  Any recommendations?  What currently-available printers
do people have that either work well (photo-quality, as-advertised) or
don't work?  BTW, my dad still uses Win98 so Debian compatibility
isn't essential, but it is preferred, especially since I abhor
so-called "win-printers".

TIA!

-D

--
If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO