Re: Wish to network my home computers but don't know Jack about it

First you have to ask....Are you sharing a high-speed network?? If so, how many computers? Linksys puts out some good DSL/Cable routers with built-in switches. Pretty much it's a "true" plug-and-play type of deal. Just run cat 5 cables out of the network cards on the PCs and into the ports in the switch. You could set the OS to automatically get IP from the router, but I would set static IPs for all the boxes. Check with the various OSs that you are running to determine how to do this... I have set up many home networks like this and it is a truly painless process..

Hope that helps

-Doug