Re: Bootlog daemon hanging machine?

Miquel van Smoorenburg [miquels@cistron.nl] wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20031218212927.GA4110@mcelrath.org>,
> Bob McElrath  <bob+debian@mcelrath.org> wrote:
> >After upgrading a few packages (that pulled in an unstable init and
> >sysvinit scripts) my machine hangs on bootup right after the line:
> >    Starting Bootlog daemon:
> >which is followed by the "adding swap space" on the same line.  (This is
> >from memory -- the machine won't boot past this point)
>
> Bootlogd is not suitable for general use yet, as has now been
> proven. 2.85-8 will disable bootlogd by default.

Do you know a way I can get init to not load bootlogd so I can repair my
machine?  Perhaps by passing some kind of arguments to the kernel?

I am having considerable difficulty booting off CD-roms (my cd-rom is
SCSI and my SCSI driver does not seem to be included by default in the
debian boot cd kernels).

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]