Re: Initrd - cramfs image is not being recognized by 2.4.20 kernel

My support of cramfs was complied into the kernel, but it still would not work.  A very telling sign that it was compiled in was its complaint that it couldn't find a valid filesystem in the boot messages (which according to my readings is also a disputed and unresolved bug/feature.)  Now I have redone the initrd image as an uncompressed ext2 fs.  I am still not home free (many many errors that need to be checked) but it does appear to be mounting it.  STAY TUNED this is going to be a HOWTO when I'm done.  I can't believe the number of hours this has taken!

Thomas Krennwallner wrote:
Hi!