Re: install debian woody over serial console

Hello,

I am trying to follow the instructions at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200311/msg04005.html
Rescue floppy loads OK, but when I insert root floppy, the drive makes
noisy read attempts and then fails with the following messages:

VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into RAM disk and press ENTER
floppy0: data CRC error: track 68, head 0, sector 7, size 2
floppy0: sector not found: track 69, head 0, sector 1, size 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2484
floppy0: data CRC error: track 69, head 0, sector 7, size 2
floppy0: CRC error: track 69, head 0, sector 1, size 2
floppy0: data CRC error: track 69, head 0, sector 1, size 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2484
invalid compressed format (err=1)<6>apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03
(Driver version 1.13)
apm: disabled on user request.
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

I tried to mount floppy images -- no problem. Unfortunately, I have no
monitor and therefore cannot check how it would work on real console.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex