Re: HOWTO paste to dos

Gruessle wrote:

I find something in the INet browser The select and copy that.
Now I pess Ctrl+Alt+F1
How can I paste it?

I'm not sure what INet is; "apt-cache search inet" doesn't come up with anything. Is this an internet browser, or a file browser, or a jpg browser, or what?

Generally, when in X, you can copy/paste from/to X apps. If you need something to go to the console (not "dos"), you can either open a terminal window (such as xterm or Eterm) and paste there with a middle-click, or you can open a text editor (such as nedit or vim or nano) and paste there, then save the file, then Ctrl-Alt-F1, open or cat or less the file you saved, and reselect the text and paste as you want with the middle mouse button.

--
Kent