Re: Gimp 1.3 and the latest GAIM

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 09:02 am, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:14:03AM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy wrote:
>    > I'm trying to get Gimp 1.3 (I've gotten Gimp 1.2) and the latest
>    > GAIM (.74) but Gimp 1.3 isn't even in experimental and GAIM has
>    > some dependencies and aptitude cannot even get it to install. :(
>
> mas@brahman:~/software/tmp$ apt-cache policy gimp1.3 gaim
> gimp1.3:
>   Installed: 1.3.22-3
>   Candidate: 1.3.22-3
>   Version Table:
>      1.3.23-1 0
>          95 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>  *** 1.3.22-3 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> gaim:
>   Installed: 1:0.72-1
>   Candidate: 1:0.72-1
>   Version Table:
>  *** 1:0.72-1 0
>          95 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1:0.64-3 0
>         900 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
>
> Yes, gaim is lagging behind. But, gimp is up to date.
>
> Regards,

root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# apt-get install gimp1.3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package gimp1.3 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package gimp1.3 has no installation candidate
root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~#

root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~# apt-get install gaim/testing
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selected version 1:0.64-3 (Debian:testing) for gaim
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  gaim: Depends: libao2 (>= 0.8.3) but 0.8.2-1 is to be installed
        Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.2.4) but 1.0.1-2 is to be installed
        Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.2.1) but 2.0.2-5woody1 is to be
installed
        Depends: libgtkspell0 but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.2.1) but 1.0.1-3 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
root@joseph-a-nagy-jr:~#

Attached is my sources.list, preferences, and conf files.
APT::Cache-Limit "8388608";
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 700