Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 1:56 pm, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
> Am Di, den 16.12.2003 schrieb Wesley J Landaker um 21:34:
> > On Tuesday 16 December 2003 1:08 pm, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
> > > Local software can destroy (your) local stuff.
> >
> > Exactly my point--a mail server is local software.
> >
> > Just another good example of why writing software and controlling
> > it's use should be left to professional commercial entities who
> > know what they are doing. We definately should leave compilers and
> > scripting languages out of the hands of end-users; think of the
> > havoc they could cause, flooding mail servers, writing DDoS
> > attacks, etc!
>
> A DDoS attack is something you _want_ to do. You will not do that
> accidently.

Well, of course, the high-class elite and enlightened employed by
corporations would not ever want to perform a DDoS, only low-class
terrorist-breeding end-users, which I've asserted several times should
be denied access to their own computer equipment in the first place.

> I mail server is a software with a high risk to break other people's
> stuff just by making a very little mistake.
>
> Don't do somethink risky if you not /really/ need that. And you
> absolutely don't need a mailserver at home.

I'm so glad that you agree with me! I support the position that
*anything* that is not *strictly* *necessary* (as defined by the
technology nobility) should be illegal. I have some further
propositions that go along with this:

 * No one should be allowed to run Windows for any reason.

Windows is notorious for letting viruses run amok, and these annoy
people. Also, Windows only really works when each user has their own
computer, which is something I am totally against.

The nice thing about Debian GNU/Linux is that god-ordained providers can
set up their servers remotely and only allow the bare minimum access
possible to those end-users righteous enough to have enough money to
pay them. Because the source code is available, the corporations can
easily secure their machines against viruses and hackers, and can
modify the code to restrict the so-called "freedoms" that the end-user
freaks are always trying to get. Of course, this is only works until
one of the subvertive ruffians get his hands on some source code.

 * No one should be allowed to eat more than one meal a day.

It's easy to survive off one meal a day. I propose that it should thus
be illegal to eat more than that. It's wasteful and leads to starving
people all over the world. Corporate employees (such as those that run
mail servers) should *obviously* be a special exception.

Well, you get the idea; I don't want to get too off-topic.

> > Oh yes, and blacks to the back of the bus, please; just be happy we
> > let you on at all.
>
> No more arguments?

They had BETTER not put up any more arguments.

--
Wesley J. Landaker - wjl@icecavern.net