Re: Starting new threads (was: Re: email client (OT))

on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:26:41AM -0800, Nunya (31210.nospam@comcast.net) wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:18:43AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > Alternatively:  deleting any "In-Reply-To:" and "References:" headers,
> > if your MUA supports header editing.
>
> Question: sometimes I delete a message and empty my trash, and later
> decide to reply to a thread.  The mailto: in my cvs-built firebird
> doesn't work and certainly doesn't know anything about mutt.
>
> If I hit "e" to edit headers, and add these headers in the right place:
> <any reference lines in the original message*** exactly as is>
>
> will it work?  ***do I need to modify the references to append the
> replied-to message-id?  the replied-to in-reply-to?

Why don't you test just that in a message or two to yourself.

The emperical method is frequently the best determinant of what works.

You might also look up the "x-mailmethis-handler" used by Don Marti for
the linux-elitists mailing list.

Peace.

    They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an
    immunity to iocane powder.
    - Princess Bride