Re: Starting new threads (was: Re: email client (OT))

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 10:18:43AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Alternatively:  deleting any "In-Reply-To:" and "References:" headers,
> if your MUA supports header editing.

Question: sometimes I delete a message and empty my trash, and later
decide to reply to a thread.  The mailto: in my cvs-built firebird
doesn't work and certainly doesn't know anything about mutt.

If I hit "e" to edit headers, and add these headers in the right place:
<any reference lines in the original message*** exactly as is>

will it work?  ***do I need to modify the references to append the
replied-to message-id?  the replied-to in-reply-to?

Thanks