Re: XF86Config for ATI Radeon 9000

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <pagan_prince@bigfire-hsv.org>
<snip>
Reporting back as promised.

As you can see its saying it can't find any compatible drivers for my
Radeon.

Also, I removed xserver-common and xserver-xfree86 and installed them
from the experimental tree and discover reported that it couldn't find
any xservers for my particular card (the attached error.log is from
after installing from the experimental tree). It says that driver
version 1.1 is installed (or is it 1.3?) and that 1.5 is needed. :(

Well, my xserver is now up and running, but I am now having problems
with kdm. :(

Hmm, but you don't post the solution, so others having this same problem in the future don't know how to fix the problem. Nor do we who are curious get to have our curiosity satisfied.

And we who are curious are left wondering what type of problems you could be having with kdm if X itself is working.

But you're free to leave us in the dark, wondering, forever wondering . . . ;-)

--
Kent