Re: Debian Box and ADSL

Got on!

I can now say pptp hostname (hostname is in hosts as [10.0.0.138] hostname)
and it logs me on.

1. Now I need to know how to get this done on bootup or on logon--without
pppd into neverland (happened once!).

2. Then, some sort of simple-to-configure-and-use firewall.

Any ideas?

Once all this is up and running, I would like to upload a doc somewhere
concisely saying how I got it up. The main instruction came from a knoppix
document, that in German, plus several others. Somewhere along the line, a
script with a UI to get this done more painlessly would be in order.