Re: Knoppix saving data

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:33:57AM -0800, Gruessle wrote:

> I am trying to use the XFree86 config data from knoppix for Debian.
>
> The only place I could find where I can save data while in knoppix
> was the desktop.
> After exiting knoppix and going back to Debian I can't find the desktop.
> I figure knoppix deleted that folder.
>
> Do you have any solutions I could use besides typing that whole thing in
> by hand?

Knoppix starts up with the hard disk(s) mounted read only. To save a
file to hard disk, you must choose a partition which you are willing
to switch to read/write. Then, find the item in one of the Knoppix
menus that does the switch for you. Alternatively, you can use one of
the several suggestions already made to switch to read/write using
commands at a console prompt.  This will surely involve running as
root. To become root on a console in Knoppix, find the menu item, root
console, or something like that. You do not need to know a root
password.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com