Re: email client

on Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 01:17:40AM -0800, Gruessle (debian@orces.com) wrote:

> I have some problems and what I have learned so far is that I need to
> send you guys more info so you can help me.

...and wrap your mail at 72 characters.

> First think I should do I guess is setup an email client on the Debian
> box otherwise I will have to type all the errors in to my email.
>
> How do I do that and which email client is easy to use?

Most are pretty interchangeable, and can share mailboxes.

For console:  mutt, among others.

For GUI:  KMail, Evolution, Sylpheed.  Among others.

Generally, packages providing mail-reader: mutt, mailx, emacs20, kmail,
evolution, xemacs21-mule.

    (hint:  apt-awk Provides:mail-reader -- Package)

Googling "mail client rick moen" should turn up a good page on this
topic (I'd research now but my net link is saturated).

Peace.

   \xDCbersoft:  Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.
     http://www.ubersoft.net/