Re: Next On The Checklist - VNC

On 15 Dec 2003 at 1:28, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:04:23 -0800,
> "Scarletdown" <gsutton9503@charter.net> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 3FDC7BF7.31950.2A173C1@localhost>:
> > So I am making some headway on this project.  Now, here is what I am
> > ultimately shooting for.
> >
> > 1:  Have vncserver load automatically at boot time with the above
> > parameters.  (800x600 is plenty suitable for my needs here) I do not
> > want to have to ssh in to the system first to start the server

> ..you could do this the same way X is started, check in /etc/init.d/ .

Okay.  What should I be looking for there?

Here is what is in /etc/init.d/

README
dns-clean
inetd
mountall.sh
rc
ssh
apache
exim
inetd.real
mountnfs.sh
rcS
sysklogd
atd
fetchmail
iptables
networking
reboot
umountfs
bind9
gdm
kdm
nfs-common
rmnologin
umountnfs.sh
bootmisc.sh
gpm
keymap.sh
nfs-kernel-server
samba
urandom
checkfs.sh
halt
klogd
nviboot
sendmail
xdm
checkroot.sh
hostname.sh
lpd
omniorb-nameserver
sendsigs
xfs
console-screen.sh
hwclock.sh
lwresd
portmap
setserial
xinetd
cron
hwclockfirst.sh
makedev
ppp
single
devpts.sh
ifupdown
modutils
procps.sh
skeleton

Which of those files do I need to edit?  Or do I need to create a new
file for vnc there?