don't have enough free space

Hi,
This is my first post and help call :)

I just installed Debian
I did exit without installing any packages - had to install it 3 times and didn't want to risk another glitch while installing
packages.

Anyway the basic system seams to work now, but I have following problem

I ran tasksel from the shell prompt and selected one program but it exits with following error:

E: Sorry, you don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives to hold all packages.

I have 3 partions on my drive of a total 7.5 GB
Could it be that it only uses 2 partions?

How do I fix this?
_

Gruessle