Re: My email is rejected by some sites

On Sunday 14 December 2003 12:41 pm, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Sunday 14 December 2003 17:21, Al Davis wrote:
> > It is worth putting up with some spam to get a free,
> > uncensored, fast email system.
>
> Free, uncensored and worthless would be a better description
> for my email account if it wasn't for my Spam filtering -
> considering that
>
> >95% of my email is Spam.

YOUR spam filtering.

Actually ...  I have several email addresses, and my mail comes
in from several paths.  MY spam filtering seems to be nearly
100% effective on the freeelectron address, which I control.
It seems to be nearly 0% effective on the ieee address, which
someone else controls.

A couple of years ago, I tried configuring my home system to
apply that rule about tagging dynamic ip that doesn't go
through a relay.  It was 0% effective.  100% of what it tagged
was non-spam.  100% of the spam passed.

It was effective at tagging viruses, but on Linux they were not
a problem.  It is easier and more effective to reject microsoft
executables.