Re: How to know correct hardware options for compiling 2.4.23 kernel

Hello,

J N wrote:
... I'm noticing that I appear to need to know more specific technical information than I currently have access to for my laptop: Dell Latitude CPI-A 366XT.

you can visit the site

http://www.tuxmobil.org/

to get usefull links and stuff

Can anyone point me to a FAQ that would tell me what kind of chipsets were in the machine (such as FLASH chipsets), or the type of IDE controller that was in use, etc?

the command `lspci' can give you usefull informations

I've read the online help, which would be most helpful if I knew what was under the hood...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

hth,