Grub problems

I blew up my grub with the debian installer, and it (the installer) does not rigth lilo to hda. How do I repair my grub? I know the drive lay-outs, I can load knoppix chroot and do a grub-floppy. But with the floppy then what do I tell grub? the home of the grub config file is hda6 (or hd0,5) /boot/grub. I can not chroot and run grub-install. The dev are all null!

Anybody know how to make the installer write lilo to a floppy?