video mode in console

Hi d-u,

I want to tune my Debian box (woody) so that
in console mode the video mode must fit the width of my screen.

I tested several "vga" mode in lilo.conf but after the
tux logo appear the font and screen is not what I like.
It's overriden by some program of later run levels.

I `dmesg` and learned that console has been switched to
color frame buffer device (or I am wrong here?)

Here is the excerpt of my dmesg:

### ...
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd
VFS: Diskquotas version dquot_6.4.0 initialized
Journalled Block Device driver loaded
vga16fb: initializing
vga16fb: mapped to 0xc00a0000
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
fb0: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device
### ...

I found  console.sh in /etc/init.d
but I don't know how to play with /etc/console-tools/config
to keep my console in the video mode as the mode before the
tux appear. (I mean I want it use all the monitor width and
the keep that console font)

Here is the hardware:
Video: nVidia Vanta [nv6]
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 753s (H: 30-70, V:50-160, 17")

Thanks

--
le hoang anh
lehoanganh@gmx.net