Re: Linux is not for consumers!

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 at 11:38 GMT, John L. Fjellstad penned:
> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>
>> Can you explain to me why you would use a subject such as you did,
>> rather than "Multiple problems on install: please help" or, better
>> yet, multipe emails, each specific to a certain problem?
>
> Actually easiest way to get help.  Ask how to set up CUPS in linux and
> you get a couple of RTFM.  Tell everybody how much printing sucks in
> Linux, and how easy it is in Windows, and how you are going back to
> Windows etc etc, and you get hundreds of helpful tips, with some
> people offering to fly to your place to set up your printer.

In children and pets, I believe that this is called "rewarding bad
behavior."

You're right, of course, and we've all been frustrated enough at some
point to want to type something like that.  I just don't think it's the
right way to go about getting help.

--
monique