Re: My Debian box can't connect Internet

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your advice.

The Debian box is connected to broadband via a ADSL modem with dynamic
IP.  I ran  'pppoeconfig' to setup the connection.  Up to this point it
seemed without problem, ISP connected and confirmed with 'ifconfig'.
But connection to Internet was blocked.  I searched around to find out
whether the gateway in the network card has entry which will mislead
looking to the gateway and could not find it.  '/etc/init.d/iptables
stop' reconfirmed firewall having not started (I have not configured
firewall yet).

I could not discover the cause of blocking connection to Internet.

B.R.
Stephne