Re: [OT] C programming, variable size array

Debian User wrote:
if you really have to do it in a low-level language, do it in assembly native to that processor. you can even write them inline within your C code.

asm(" mnemonic_instruction operand, operand");

Debian User wrote:

> if you really have to do it in a low-level language, do it in assembly native to that processor. you can even write them inline within your C code.
>
> asm(" mnemonic_instruction operand, operand");

That actually is a good point. I learned programming that way in 1967. But where do I find the docs to code that way on my i386 PC with an Athlon Thuderbird CPU? Back in those days with IBM, processing power was low: you shared the S/360 in the backroom, as of yet no terminals, but there were manuals galore...

Hugo.