Re: ooh! debian jewelry

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:08:45 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:30:35AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 at 05:01 GMT, Scarletdown penned:
>> > That's pretty cool.  I also recommend this site as well...
>> >
>> > http://scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html
>>
>> Ah, some neat stuff, and much more budget-friendly.  But tell me, does
>> anyone ever actually wear cufflinks?  I mean, other than to a funeral,
>> where probably little penguins wouldn't be greatly appreciated by the
>> other mourners.
>
> I do from time to time. I had to regretfully give up on wearing a
> cufflinked shirt to a party recently because I couldn't find either of
> my two pairs of cufflinks at short notice (yeah, I'm disorganized).
>
> Dress sense might be a bit different in the UK from that in the US,
> though.

Speaking as an expat Welshman who emigrated from London, yes, it is a
little different.  I prefer to wear cufflinks;  unfortunately,
single-cuffed shirts in the US do not generally have the extra buttonhole
by the cuff button, so, if one wants to wear cufflinks, one has to wear
double-cuffed shirts.

--

"Do the little things" ("Gwnewch y pethau bychain")

St. David (Dewi Sant) of Wales, last sermon, Sunday 27th February 589