Re: Compiling a kernel without making a .deb package.

* Monique Y. Herman <spam@bounceswoosh.org> [2003-12-11 05:43]:

> Btw, I just discovered that lilo bug #222098 appears to still be live in
> 1:22.5.8-6.  It prevents me from running lilo successfully.  So caveat
> emptor and all that ...

Hmm, same problem here. looked for a bug report, didn't see it was about
to report. read this first.

> Now I just have to remember how to install an old version of a package
> ... any hints?

lilo doesn't really have any dependencies, and I was getting desperate,
so dpkg --force-all -i lilo_from_woody.deb

then put it on hold.