Re: Compiling a kernel without making a .deb package.

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 at 19:35 GMT, H. S. penned:
> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>

>> dselect #get latest kernel src package cd
>> /usr/src/kernel-source-<version> make mrproper #clean any leftover
>> compile stuff
>
> I tried this a few days ago, but I hadn't read the makefile to know
> what mrproper was doing and I lost my old config file which I had
> renamed, IIRC, as .config_OLD or .config_org   :(
>
> So now if I use mrproper, I *always* save my .config to some other
> directory, in my case in a tmp in a user's home.
>
> ->HS

Btw, I just discovered that lilo bug #222098 appears to still be live in
1:22.5.8-6.  It prevents me from running lilo successfully.  So caveat
emptor and all that ...

Now I just have to remember how to install an old version of a package
... any hints?

--
monique