Re: SID: Webmin will not let me edit, systems users

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, John Foster wrote:

> No luck with that either. I tried adding several no-login users with the
> result that webmin creats a /home/username/ site with owner 11 & group
> as specified. However the group properties are not passed either. In
> short all it does is create the directory. I also can not edit any of
> the existing users on the system. I hope this improves as I will have to
> either downgrade or go to the old tarball install. Yeah...I am sort of
> lazy & prefer to use .debs when I can.Thanks for the pointers. If there
> is any help I can provide please advise as I did look over the module
> configs for webmin & did not see any areas to edit that might affect
> this issue.I am very willing to help...else I wopuld not be running a
> SID system.

Edit the module config and explicity set the password file as /etc/passwd
and the group file as /etc/group.  You may also need to set the shadow
password and group files to /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow

Then does it work?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>