Re: Help with installation

Colin Watson wrote:
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:52:30PM -0500, H. S. wrote:

I am new to Debian, and during installation it asks if you want to use two package installers, I used the first one and not the second one. The second one, I think it is dpkg, is waaaaay too tedious for a first timer.

That's dselect; dpkg is something you can't avoid using, even if it's
wrapped up in other tools. Some of us like dselect, actually. :) I think
the sarge installer offers aptitude, which is reputed to be rather
better. Haven't got round to trying it myself.

I wish you all the luck in the world during installation :) Once you have it installed, it is not that bad, actually it is pretty nice. BTW, if only Debian had a better installer, a HUGE bunch of Redhat users would now be using Debian.

There are always "if only"s, unfortunately ...

Cheers,

Try this:

http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2016

salud,