Re: Virtual PC 5.2

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:05:01PM -0600, Michael Martinell wrote:
| I have tried the vga driver with no success.
| | How do you get the busID? I have tried searching google but have came up
| empty.

lspci.

For example, a machine here at work needed me to specify the busID.
lspci on that machine reports :

01:00.0 Display controller: Texas Instruments TVP4020 [Permedia 2] (rev 01)
^^^^^^^

On that machine, in XF86Config, I have
   Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Standard VGA"
       VendorName  "Unknown"
       BoardName   "Unknown"
       Driver     "glint"
       #Chipset    "ti_pm2"
       #BusID      "PCI:01:00:0"
       #VideoRam   8192
       #Clocks     25.2 28.3
   EndSection

And be aware that one of the numbers is in hex while the other is in decimal; I forget which is which. (In this case it wouldn't matter, but in some it would.)

--
Kent