From: Derrick 'dman' Hudson [mailto:dman@dman13.dyndns.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:01 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Virtual PC 5.2

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:53:29AM -0600, Michael Martinell wrote:
| It lists it as a VGA Compatible controller S3 Inc 86c764/765
[Trio32/64/64+]

Try the 'vga' driver.  It might not be as good as the s3 driver on
real hardware, but it should at least be operational and give you
something to start with.

| The x error is
| Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
| (EE) No devices detected.

The driver you tried was unable to detect the device.  Perhaps
specifying the busID will solve that.

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber:
dman@dman13.dyndns.org