Re: In my defense! (was: Getting rid of MS XP)

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:32:15AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> What is a *good* sysadmin database that records all actions and reasons
> of the admin, with roadmap? I use notebooks, files, html, (example attached)

I think CVS is an excellent way to track server changes, surprisingly.

Check in every change you make with appropriate comments -- maybe in a
multi-server environment using a centralized pserver CVS box and each
mahine having its own project name.

Then when you wonder when and what you did you can peruse the CVS
history and comments and find out exactly what you were thinking...

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>