Getting rid of MS XP

I am gitting rid of the XP partition.

2 years ago I KazAa'd (when it was still on Linux) the XP Professional CD.

I used it to run Adobe's PDF editor (also KazAa'd) to edit the IRS pdf docs. (and to test my Qt programs under Windows)
But you can do equally as well with:

pstoedit -f fig:-startdepth 999 input.pdf output%d.fig

The reason for the startdepth parm is that with the upgraded Sarge if you leave that out and just do "-f fig:" pstoedit starts putting out graphical characters and you lose your vc. The startdepth parm aleviates that.

Then open up xfig and the .fig file that was generated and select the helvetica font and zoom in a little. The editing appears just like Adobe does it.

When done use the file->export selection. Set the margins to 25, otherwise it does not print the left side beginning. Also the top margin is huge, I don't know how to get rid of that, so use legal sheets, or something.

apt-get install transfig

in order to get fig2dev that is needed by export: it apparently is not a dependency, I think it should be.

Goodbye XP. Box is pure Debian now (7 partitions with various flavors of Debian, overdoing it really ;-) )

Hugo.